Important reminders: When you provide or type in your bank account information, make sure that you are alone and not with somebody. Ensure that when you log in to BDO through their website, the URL should be like this: https://online.bdo.com.ph. Be careful of other sites or links that look identical to BDO coz there is a ton of scammers and hackers on the internet waiting for you to make a mistake.
Resetting a BDO account password is so annoying
I am writing this blog to share my insights about resetting the password in BDO coz when I did it, it was absolutely infuriating. Though it was not my first time to reset my password, it was not simple to do at all. BDO sucks! The platform and even the customer service are not customer-friendly especially to a mediocre customer like me who do not have a million-dollar savings in my account.
We have to find a solution or exhaust our options on our own or else we end up abandoning our account for good coz we cannot deal with the hassle anymore — and we do not want that to happen, do you?
NOW, ASSUMING YOU ONLY REMEMBER THE USER ID AND NOT THE PASSWORD OR YOU ARE SURE OF THE LOGIN DETAILS BUT YOU GET AN ERROR MESSAGE THAT ONE OF THEM IS WRONG. EITHER WAY, YOU HAVE TO RESET THE PASSWORD.
If your main goal is to change your password, then you do not need to call the customer service. You would not want to waste your time and energy doing that — trust me.
This is based on my recent experience.
1. Open a browser or simply type in google search “bdo online“.
2. Click BDO Online on the search results (normally the very first BDO link that appears is the real or legit BDO site but still be careful and check the URL.)
3. Find the link “forgot your password?” and click it (it is below the yellow login button)
4. Enter your correct user ID or username, then click verify.
NOTE: Customers with a Savings or Checking account will be asked to enter the last 4 digits of the linked debit card account number before submitting the form.
5. After entering the username and clicking “verify”, you may be required to put in the last 4 digits of your BDO account number. When you do this, click submit.
Note: Account number has 12 digits and you cannot find it on the card — the one you see on the card is called ”card number” which is different from your account number and has 16 digits on it.
6. After you successfully submit the correct details (username and account number), you’ll see a page where you can change password and log in to your BDO account.
Note: You may be asked to provide or update some information before resetting the password like verifying your phone number, email address, or an OTP (one-time passcode) from your phone. As long as you reached step 5, you will be fine.
If you are locked out or you keep on getting errors while resetting your password, open a new window through Incognito.
If you need to contact BDO for whatever reason, here’s their toll-free numbers: