It’s no surprise that many ESL teachers prefer students from Japan. These folks in general are known to be really cordial and respectful to teachers. I had my fair share of experience with these people and I enjoyed working with them for many years. I often get requests from readers asking me about ESL companies that cater Japanese, so here it is.
Oh by way, you may check my older post about Online ESL companies with Japanese students.
1. SPTR or SETA
- Position: Online home-based ESL teacher
- Students: Japanese
- Create a lesson memo at the end of each lesson
- SPTR offers an opportunity to earn and build a new career at the comfort of your home with flexible schedule. SPTR is open 24 hours.
- Referral Incentives
- Performance-based Incentives
- Perfect attendance Incentives
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree /A Graduate of any 4-year course (Undergraduates with experience in ESL teaching are welcome to apply!) or COLLEGE STUDENTS without experience in ESL teaching! (LIMITED OFFER only)
- Excellent English communication skills
- Preferably with English teaching certifications like LET, TESOL ,TEFL
- Preferably with experience teaching Japanese
- Energetic, passionate, and enthusiastic
- Available to teach the schedule commitment per weekly cutoff (each class lasts 25 minutes).
-Bizmates is currently offering a JHS peak hours schedule with a minimum commitment of 21 hours/ week. The highly suggested opening time is 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM JST- Weekdays only. Break time is determined by you.-SPTR operates 24/7 and commitment hours should total at least 21 hours per week. As a result, putting in extra hours is acceptable.
- CPU / Processor
- Dual core processor 1Ghz or above, Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 or AMD equivalent is highly required
- At least 2GB of RAM(4 GB is recommended) with 60GB free hard disk space available
- A headset with a noise-cancelling feature & a high-definition webcam
- 3 Mbps and up wired DSL Internet connection (USB sticks, signal-based & wireless connections are not allowed)
Why choose SPTR?
Fast Application Process: Start teaching, learning, and earning in just 2-3 days!
Flexible Schedule: Work at times that suits you. More time with your family and for yourself!
Flexible Training Schedule: You can book your own availability to have your on-boarding training.
Stress-free teaching: Lesson materials and modules are already provided.
After signing the contract you can start teaching as fast as 2-3 days
Apply online through https://hiring.sptr.jp/. Once passed for initial screening, submit the technical requirements.
Once passed the technical check, book for your Skype Interview.
Pass the interview.
Sign your contract
Pass all necessary requirements and compliance check
Book for On-boarding Training
Plot your available schedule
A competitive working package will be provided to the right candidate depending on overall qualification, English fluency, teaching ability and educational background.
- Teach Business English to Japanese professionals using the Bizmates methodology
- Preferably with a Bachelor’s/Associate’s Degree from a reputable college or university
- If undergraduate, must have at least 3 years of work experience in the relevant field
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Basic computer skills and above-average Skype skills
- At least 3 years of working experience in any field.
- Available on weekends (4AM – 12MN) and weekday evenings (9PM – 12MN PHT) are a plus
- Between 23 – 75 years old.
- Available to teach at least 10 hours per week
(all times are in PHT – Philippine time).
-Availability on SUNDAYS and weekday EVENINGS are desired
Salary: 140 – 230 PHP/HR
2. English Test
4. Video Training
5. Demo Lesson
- Position: Online home-based ESL teacher
- Students: mainly Japanese
- Ages: children and adults
- Salary: around 120 PHP per hour depending on qualifications
- Flexible schedule: work anytime you want
- At least 18 years old
- Proficient in English
- Headset and Webcam
- Laptop or Desktop
- High-Speed Internet Connection
2. English and Internet Connection Test
3. Receive Training Materials
4. Complete the Training and Demo Lesson
5. Start Teaching